[higgins-dev] Higgins Thu noon ET dev call - 3/29/2007 - Minutes

Minutes, and [action item]s (followup items also fall into that category) are noted below. If there were any significant highlights of the meeting, please add.

March 29, 2007, 12 ET

Callin number:  1-866-362-7064 passcode 892048

Participants
------------
Raj Nagaratnam, IBM
Paula Austel, IBM
Jim Sermersheim Novell
Tom Doman, Novell
Alex Amies, IBM
Mike McIntosh, IBM
Duane Buss, Novell
Brian Carroll, Serena

Regrets from:
Paul T, Socialphysics

Mary Ruddy, Socialphysics
Heather Hinton, IBM
David Kuehr Mclaren, IBM

Minutes
--------------

[0] Logistics

The phone bridge was used by another team when Higgins team joined and hence was a conflict. But the other team dropped off (thanks! to them) to avoid the conflict, and join back at 12:30. So today's call was limited to 30 minutes. To avoid this conflict, this bridge number will be reserved for noon ET for Higgins call and the people responsible for managing this bridge will get w Mary Ruddy to get this scheduled/confirmed.
[action item] Mary, can you kindly followup on this?

1) [Raj] Any updates, additions to F2F (May 30th) agenda
(
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/04.30.2007_F2F_Agenda)

Next level of details for Agenda would be good to start ironing out (e.g., when does detailed dev discussions get scheduled, when does the regular design/arch meeting start, and then accomodate any conflict). This can be discussed offline using the mailing list.

2) Development and build process changes  (started off as STS Changes Discussions - by Mike)

Mike has outlined the changes to STS in the dev list. Creating a diff file/list is not going to be efficient given the list of changes and impact.
We should look at a procedure to check-in such significant changes.
Jim also shared similar situations he ran into.
General consensus seems to be that agreeing on concept and giving some time (3 days?) before checking in is good. Having a vote of some sort would be good too.

[Action item] Long term - would need to find out what is done in other Eclipse projects in such situations.  (to discuss over list - Paul, Tony et al who may have insight here to share the details)

We need to have place for non-cvs users to download our binaries and associated source code - as a stable build. So the nightly build process must get fixed. Mike pointed out that we are all waiting for Paul and his team to help out and document.

[Action item] To look into and document how binary and source distributions can be made available to non-cvs users (owner: Paul ?)

3) [Jim]  IdAS Attribute Data Model

Discussions on the mailing list about metadata, value and attribute was discussed to some extent. But not in detail, will be discussed over mailing list as not all interested parties are the phone today to reach any consensus.

4) IdAS operations and flexibility - Alex, Jim

Alex brought up use cases like password update, reset etc and how current APIs are limited. We may need to think about a different operation to accomplish this. This needs to be discussed at the F2F.

Also, need to think about a way to add operations overtime without affecting contextproviders. (this should be part of the F2F discussions as well)

[action item] Capture this as part of IdAS discussion session at the F2F. There is already a slot.. need to get this in when we get to next level of details

----- Forwarded by Nataraj Nagaratnam/Raleigh/IBM on 03/29/2007 11:54 AM -----

          Nataraj Nagaratnam/Raleigh/IBM

          03/28/2007 06:58 PM

"'Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Higgins Thu noon ET dev call - Draft Agenda
Here is a draft agenda for tomorrow's call.

March 29, 2007, 12 ET

Callin number:  1-866-362-7064 passcode 892048

Draft Agenda
--------------
1) [Raj] Any updates, additions to F2F (May 30th) agenda
(
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/04.30.2007_F2F_Agenda)

2) [Mike] STS Changes

3) [Jim]  IdAS Attribute Data Model