Re: [higgins-dev] Multi-valued complex attributes (was: IdAS is nowJava 1.4)

Jim,

> This is the second time I've heard this assertion.  As far as I know, there is nothing that prevents us from having
> a multi-valued complex attribute. IAttribute extends IProperty which has a getValues() method.  This returns one or
> more IPropertyValues.  For a complex attribute, each IPropertyValue will be an IComplexValue.
> Let me know if there is something wrong with my understanding.

1. The first problem of previous model was the ambiguous result of IProperty.getValue() method because IProperty could contain a list of values. If we added new CollectionAttribute we would remove this ambiguity. As a result we would define exactly whether Attribute contains a single value or a list of values.

2. The probem with having a multi-valued complex attribute is on higgins owl schema level. It was discussed here:

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov