[higgins-dev] Generating Personal vs. Managed CardSpace i-cards

Mike,

Hope you made it back home safely.

We all agree that the Token Service must generate managed CS-interoperable
i-cards. SergeyL (slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) is writing the "CardSpace Managed
I-Card Provider" (CMIP) plug-in with this understanding.

But when it comes to CS personal i-cards...

1) SergeyL is of the view that these can and should be created as standalone
i-card instances (managed by a second provider, the "CardSpace Personal
I-Card Provider" (CPIP). We plan to use the I-Card Manager for the UI to
create these i-cards, and we plan to use an IdAS Context to store its data.
The TS's Token Providers will access and read the card's subject data via
IdAS.

2) I believe that you think that the TS should or must generate these
CPIP-type i-cards too. Personal cards have a "master key" in them. Is this
why you think that the TS must generate them? E.g. because the TS is
configured to manage this master key?

I'd like to understand better what's behind your argument.

[See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Components#I-Card_Registry_and_I-Card_Prov
iders for the list of all of the i-card providers]

-Paul

Back to the top