Re: [higgins-dev] List of specific jar depedencyfilesforJNDIContextProvider

Paula,

I just spoke with the maintainer of the Open XDAS project and it looks
like 0.3.158 was never formally released.  I've gotten 0.3.192 and
adjusted the JNDI CP project to reference that version and checked
that in.

For some reason, I cannot edit the dependencies page to reflect this
but I have already listed the bandit jars that are required in "Version"
column.  When I get the chance to edit the page, I think I'll switch to
links to the forge site.

Tom

>>> Paula K Austel <pka@xxxxxxxxxx> 03/02/07 12:37 PM >>>
There is a problem with open XDAS. The build is looking for
openxdas-0.3.158.jar and this does not seem to be available on the website
(even when I go to the archived versions). I have to follow several links
to get to older versions and still can't find it.

On the bandit site there are lots of jars to download so I got confused
about which ones to download. If I look at the build errors I can see
which jars it is looking for but it would have been nice to have a list in
the dependency link. I can understand there might be an issue with which
version (not sure how to deal with that, perhaps the ftp link that Jim
mentions?)

Paula
Paula K. Austel
Web Services Security
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
(914)784-5025
Tieline 863-5025

"Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/01/2007 04:51 PM
Please respond to
"Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions"
<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [higgins-dev] List of specific jar depedency
filesforJNDIContextProvider

Yeah, I was under the impression that you wanted to direct people to a
specific build number as well, which is why I think the ftp links work
well...  In time, the downloads page might scroll the 0.2.304 versions
off, but they will always be available via the ftp link.

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 3/1/07 2:36 PM >>>
I wasn't sure, especially for the Bandit and Open XDAS stuff that I wanted
to imply a specific
build was required.  However, I'm happy to follow the consensus and\or
what other component
owners are doing on their dependency pages.

Tom

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 03/01/07 2:25 PM >>>
Would it be better to put specific links to the exact jar files? Like:
ftp://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/BanditUtils/development/binaries/all
-java/bandit-config-0.2.304.jar
ftp://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/BanditUtils/development/binaries/all
-java/bandit-jndi-0.2.304.jar
ftp://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/BanditUtils/development/binaries/all
-java/bandit-misc-0.2.304.jar

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 3/1/07 2:15 PM >>>
Indeed it is Paula, I meant to do so on the dependency page but forgot.
I've added more information to that page here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JNDI_Context_Provider_Dependencies

Tom

>>> Paula K Austel <pka@xxxxxxxxxx> 03/01/07 12:29 PM >>>
The page that lists dependencies for the JNDI Context Provider only
includes a "downloads" link and does not specify the names of the jar
files needed. This is particularly confusing when trying to figure out
what to download for Bandit. Is it possible to include the names of the
jar files that are needed?