RE: [higgins-dev] Happenings and ideas around HBX, ISS UI, ISS, and ICard Registry

Abhi, what does “we were planning to work on making it work for cardspace…” mean? Do you mean making the “ISS Web UI” _javascript_ code (to be merged with HBX) have a card-picking UI somewhat similar to cardspace’s “identity selector” (in addition to the idemix-related UI)?

-Paul

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of abhi shelat
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:31 AM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Happenings and ideas around HBX, ISS UI, ISS,and ICard Registry

I am waiting for an ok from our lawyer to commit the ISS/RPPS/HBX code that we have written.

it demonstrates a use case using idemix credentials. (the part from RPPS to HBX is rough still)

nonetheless, the design decisions were to write ISS and RPPS in java---basically following the architecture

that is documented on the wiki. the HBX is written in _javascript_ and XUL and it now uses the SOAP mechanisms

exposed by the firefox engine to communicate with the RPPS.

in the meantime, i will try to make a video or get approval to commit by this thursday's meeting.

we were planning to work on making it work for cardspace in the next two weeks.

-- the question of writing the ISS UI as a separate C# application which is invoked entirely depends on the importance you place on being contextual vs. presenting an experience exactly like the cardspace ceremony.

abhi