RE: [higgins-dev] Happenings and ideas around HBX, ISS UI, ISS, and ICard Registry

The page here [1] says:

... the extension provides the ability to plug-in other Identity Selectors,
by implemeting an XPCOM interface, that contains really only a single
method. This makes it trivial for the user to choose which Identity Selector
they wish to use...

So it does appear to be extensible. But that's a bit beside the point. I
guess I should wait for the Novell guys to chime in here, but here's my
thinking: In the short term Novell is going to use the perpetual motion
plugin for the purpose of launching the "ISS Client UI" that they are
working on. Since we're all trying to work towards one architecture here
with the least duplication of components, etc, I was trying to explore
whether in the _long_ run the Novell folks would be interested in using HBX
as the "ISS Client UI" launcher instead of perpetual motion plug-in. If they
were interested, then this would accelerate the need for HBX to be
configurable to launch either (a) its internal ISS Web UI that Abhi &
company are working on or (b) ISS Client UI. In any case this is dual launch
functionality needs to be natively part of HBX prior to M1.0.

The goal is to have at MOST one browser extension that we all use. So I'm
always trying to drive convergence towards reuse of HBX. [Of course, in the
even longer term I'd like to see HBX built into Firefox and disappear.]

Speaking of which, Mary and I are trying to deepen our relationship with
Mozilla. In the past we've talked with Mike Shaver a lot, but he's shifted
to a different role. If anyone has some good contacts there or suggestions
on how to raise our profile there, let us know. [Mary and I will be at
EclipseCon in Santa Clara next week; Mozilla's neighborhood.]

[1] http://www.perpetual-motion.com/

Maxim wrote

> Hi Paul,
>
> Did you mean we should add functionality similar to Perpetual Motion
> plugin? This plugin works only with Windows CardSpace and doesn't
> support other providers.
>
> --
> Regards, Maxim.

Back to the top