Re: [higgins-dev] Making progress on higgins.eclipse.org

Mike,

The LDAP CP does not require any particular set of schema to be present.  Applications may, but the CP itself does not.  The required CP configuration isn't too bad, I'll include the config we used on the WAG server for the IIW demo here:

<bci:realms
xmlns:bci="http://www.bandit-project.org/commonidentity";
xmlns:xacml="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:policy:schema:os"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
        <bci:realm
        connectorType="org.bandit.ia.connectors.LDAPConnectorInitialCtxFactory"
        desc="Corporate LDAP Directory"
        id="Corporate-LDAP-Server">
                <bci:connection xsi:type="bci:LDAPConnector">
                        <bci:address>ldap://localhost:389</bci:address>
                        <bci:dsnameprefix>cn=</bci:dsnameprefix>
                        <bci:dsnamepostfix>,ou=people,dc=wag,dc=bandit-project,dc=org</bci:dsnamepostfix>
                </bci:connection>
                <bci:env prop="java.naming.security.authentication" value="simple" />
                <bci:env prop="java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary" value="GUID" />
        </bci:realm>
</bci:realms>

Note that the name prefix configuration is what allowed us to pass simple names thru IdAS to the LDAP CP like "tdoman".  This will go away when we finish our mapping CP implementation.

As for the LDAP store itself and what data is there, what would you like to do?  Here are a few choices:
1. Point your LDAP CP configuration at the LDAP directory running on ldap://wag.bandit-project.org or ldaps://wag.bandit-project.org.
2. Use the Novell created LDAP utility we've used to unit test our LDAP CP while it was developed in the bandit project.  It's backed by an XML file with it's own format.
3. Install, configure, and populate an LDAP server\store of your own.

Thanks,
Tom

>>> Michael McIntosh <mikemci@xxxxxxxxxx> 1/7/2007 9:22 AM >>>
Tom,

I am not very directory server savvy - can you send me whatever schema
files and other configuration details I'd need to have a directory work
with your LDAP CP?

Thanks,
Mike