Re: [higgins-dev] IdAS questions

Sergey Lyakhov wrote:
Hello Jim,

I have some questions about IdAS interfaces:
I'm not Jim, but I have some comments (not answers).

1. Now only IContext interface extends IHasRelationships interface.
Formerly IDigitalSubject extended this (IHasRelationships) interface too,
but IHasRelationships was removed from IDigitalSubject and replaced with
higgins:SubjectRelationship attributre. I propose to remove
IHasRelationships interface from IContext and add ContextRelationship
attribute to higgins schema instead of it. In this case we can remove
IHasRelationships and IRelationship interfaces from IdAS.

I thought that a schema was to describe the Digital Subjects associated with a particular Context. Relationships among Contexts might be defined outside any particular Context, so where would these ContextRelationship attributes be stored? (In another Context, which is in essence a super-Context?) I'm not objecting, just a little confused -- can there be Context classes described in a Context's schema?

<2 and 3 skipped>

4. IContextFactory interface extends IHasMetadata interface. What is a
purpose of this interface and how should we implement it?

I believe the intent for this is that a user can find an appropriate ContextFactory to interface to a particular attribute store. For example, if I have an LDAP directory, I can look for a ContextFactory that can create an LDAP Context. That's the why, but I don't have any answer on the how.

...Greg

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>