[higgins-dev] IdAS questions

Hello Jim,

I have some questions about IdAS interfaces:

1. Now only IContext interface extends IHasRelationships interface.
Formerly IDigitalSubject extended this (IHasRelationships) interface too,
but IHasRelationships was removed from IDigitalSubject and replaced with
higgins:SubjectRelationship attributre. I propose to remove
IHasRelationships interface from IContext and add ContextRelationship
attribute to higgins schema instead of it. In this case we can remove
IHasRelationships and IRelationship interfaces from IdAS.

2. ISimpleValue interface contains a mapping between Higgins OWL
datatypes/XML schema types/Java classes returned by ISimpleValue.getData()
and IdAS basic value implementations. We need to use this mapping to
determine which implementation of ISimpleValue (BasicValueString,
BasicValueNormalizedString etc) should we use for appropiate subproperty of
higgins:simpleValue (for example we need to use
org.eclipse.higgins.idas.impl.BasicValueInteger class in case of
higgins:integerSimpleValue property). We need the same mechanism for
properties of ComplexValue, or, more formally, properties like pwa:state
should be subproperties of higgins:simpleValue (higgins:stringSimpleValue,
higgins:integerSimpleValue etc).

3. I propose to add some methods (like as begin(), commit() and rollback()) to IContext for transaction support.

4. IContextFactory interface extends IHasMetadata interface. What is a
purpose of this interface and how should we implement it?

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>