[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [higgins-dev] OID and name uniqueness
- From: Mark Wahl <mark.wahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:25:23 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
Tom Doman wrote:
Thanks Mark! A couple of questions:
2. On issue 2, would you suggest then that I prefix the schema
> with the server address the schema was mapped from to help
> mitigate the issue you raise? e.g.
> ldap://servername:port#126.96.36.199.4.1.1466... I'd hate to do that
> for every server especially when most of the "multiple LDAP servers"
> share the exact same schema. I guess we could do some inspection
> against known or our "preferred" definitions and only tag the ones
> that differ from that.
Yep, where a schema element's definition matches that of the
standards, using a shorter URI for the OID would make sense.
BTW what do you specify as the 'domain' for an LDAP operational
3. I've been doing a little reading on your tool schemat on
> ldap.com and see that the source code is available there.
> Do you have an output sample you'd be willing to post or send?
Yes I've been running the (LDIF-style) schema from the LDAPv3 RFCs
through schemat's LDIF-to-OWL converter - still some bugs, but I'll
gather the RDF output files this weekend.
Informed Control Inc.