[higgins-dev] IContext.close() and underlying connections

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 8/14/06 1:04 PM >>>
<snip>

>One question, I don't see how the close operation can return the
>Context to the "new" state if, as Jim suggested, we might maintain an
>open connection under the CP covers.
A context's "new" state may be such that the "connection" is open. It's really just implementation details at that point I think. The CP may even consider a context to be in a new state regardless of whether or not there's already an established (yet not authenticated) connection.

I like the idea of prescribing authentication behavior, yet leaving connection behavior to the CP's.

JIm

Back to the top