Re: [higgins-dev] URI's in Higgins

I like the idea of carving out a namespace which can be used to organize things like metadata types, attribute types, etc. It would be nice if the type had resolvable components such that the consumer can discover exactly what type of object to expect back in the value.

Jim

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 7/28/06 2:48 PM >>>
Guess I should have said Paul's examples are URLs, I'm talking URNs.  Anyway, shortened question, shall we recommend the "starting" URN and best practice for defining for Higgins implementors?

Tom

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 7/28/2006 2:41 PM >>>
I suppose this is yet another potential "whatever the Context Provider implementations wanna do" area but ... I'll ask anyway.

I'm considering the URI's we're using for Metadata Items.  Have we prescribed a recommended namespace prefix for URI's in Higgins?  Shall we recommend following the W3C recommendation for Namespaces in XML (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/)?  urn:higgins:idas: ...?  Something else?  Recommend nothing and hope for no collisions?

Paul put out some samples for Context Ref URIs on the wiki but I'm talking about URI's which are only meant for unique identification (as for Metadata Items), not also potentially resolvable resources (such as an LDAP directory).

Tom