[higgins-dev] Higgins Dev Call 7/27/2006, noon ET

Attended: Tom, Jim, Duane, Greg, Brian, Tony, Mike, Paul, Mary

Agenda
------
STS licensing
Chuck Mortimer code conversion
Face-to-face meeting in Raleigh
 - focus on ISS
IdAS design questions
 - provider vs. factory discussion from recent threads
 - http://spwiki.editme.com/ContextRef open issues
 - filter language

STS licensing update
--------------------
- Tony: we're getting closer, should be done Friday or Monday
- We've already given royalty free licenses for the spex themselves
- The part we're working on is the idemix technology

STS Architecture
----------------
- Paul: MikeM has just published this diagram:
http://spwiki.editme.com/SecurityTokenService
- Tony: we've been working on the architecture, will continue for a few more
weeks
- Brian: this is great news
- Tony: Brian please look this over and give us some feedback

IDAS
----
- We discussed the term: context provider vs. factory. Our conclusion was to
use "ContextFactory".
- Jim's suggestion: have 'open' (and 'close') on the Context itself
- Greg will update this wiki page: http://spwiki.editme.com/ContextProvider
and this wiki page: http://spwiki.editme.com/ContextProviderRegistry
- Tom is going to ping Tony about his mention of using WS-Policy together
with XACML
- Paul: Greg has suggested SPARQL as the filter query language?
- Paul: concern about the burden to developers to implement a full SPARQL
interpreter
- Greg: a new thought: maybe the query language should be provider-specific
- Jim: hmm.. the consumer wants to be provider-agnostic
- Jim: here is the std Higgins filter, but any provider could provide
another interface class
- Jim: somebody could research the components of SPARQL to understand how
hard this is for providers to support. Given Higgins.owl, mockup a Context
that has some Digital Subjects in it and mockup some queries against it so
we can all see how it looks

Face-to-face
------------
- 23-25 of August in Raleigh 1pm start on 23, 1pm end on fri 25th
- IBM, Novell, Sun, Microsoft, Oracle
- ISS component is the focus
- Paul: we need to add a rich client Identity Selector to the architecture
diagram, also Microsoft has explained that many (most?) CardSpace relying
parties will delegate to an STS (using WS-MEX) to provide the list of
required claims to the ISS (in addition to the parsing of HTML object tag
params that we've already implemented).

Other topics?
- Jim: Mentioned another IDAS open issue: how does one do a re-authenticate
(efficiently)
- Paul: Raj has suggested that this is an implementation detail, you just
call 'open' again

Back to the top