[higgins-dev] Context Provider vs. Context Factory

Ok, after rehashing all of this with Jim, I believe I've discovered part
of the source of my confusion.  Some of what's on the wiki and what's in
the proposed interfaces seems to conflict.

Context Provider
This is supposed to be a conceptual term that describes what I'd call
the Context Factory, Contexts, and their implementation together with
the other lower level interfaces such as Digital Subject, Attribute,
MetaData, etc.  Is this correct?  This is what I understand from the
wiki.  If so, why is there a IContextProvider interface?  Is the
IContextProvider interface really the Context Factory?  If so, why is it
not called IContextFactory?

Context Factory
So, the Context Factory is an implementation which takes "policy" as
input and produces Context instances.  The Context Factory does not
concern itself with the evaluation nor enforcement of policy.  This is
designed for any given context.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top