[higgins-dev] Search Filter and return attributes (was IDAS method list)

Regarding the first question in Greg's PDF: There was a short-lived discussion (in this thread: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg00260.html) on that topic. For now I had left the filter format as undefined, but my intent was that the filter syntax be at least as robust as LDAP's. The 'attributeSelection' parameter is actually something different from the filter. It specifies the list of attributes the caller wishes to have returned. In other words, find all subjects matching the filter, then return them with the specified attributeSelection. Probably the substring "Select" in the attribute name is a bad choice on my part, I should have called it returnAttributes. Here's the thread start for that: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg00264.html

Jim

>>> Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> 7/5/06 10:48 AM >>>

Hi, folks.  I'm new to the list -- working with IBM on a temporary basis.

Attached is a document that proposes a list of interfaces and methods
for IDAS.  This is built upon (and includes) the two proposed data
models that were previously posted to the list.

There are some open questions, of course.  We can use this as a starting
point for discussion at this week's meeting in Boston.

Back to the top