RE: [higgins-dev] Constraining a Digital Subject's attributes

well, more like..  requirements to factor in when defining the parameters of CRUD operations to allow the flexibility.

"Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/26/2006 02:18 AM

Please respond to
"Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
<higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [higgins-dev] Constraining a Digital Subject's attributes

Raj wrote:

Does anyone see problems in adding a mechanism to instruct the context
provider which attributes will be read?

I do not see a problem..  actually, i do believe we need such capabilities in a way that 'read' method on CPIs (as we go about defining that interface) to specify what attributes are to be read. For example, a template of attributes need to be passed in, so that values can be 'filled in'. Similarly update method would need to have methods that allow partial updates.

I presume Raj, that you mean what you wrote above in addition to CRUD operations that operate on a single attribute.
There are other use cases wrt CRUD operations wrt partial operation on a DigitalSubject, or reading a Set of DigitalSubjects etc for batch processing, etc.

"Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/24/2006 05:09 PM

Please respond to
"Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [higgins-dev] Constraining a Digital Subject's attributes

Hmm... have you thought at all yet about how to express the set of
attributes in this "hint" _expression_? Since the attributes can be compound
(complex gaggles of objects), there would need to be a way to refer to not
just "leaf" attributes on a DigitalSubject but also to "branches" of
attributes. You could think of this hint as the description of a subset of
the schema of the Context.