[higgins-dev] Notes from Higgins-dev call Friday 5pm ET 5/12/2006

Attendees: MaryR(socialphysics.org), TonyN(IBM), MikeM(IBM),
PaulT(socialphysics.org), BrianC(ALF), JanC(IBM), AbhiS, DaleO(Novell),
JimS(Novell).

Notes below are paraphrases, not quotes.

M0.3 progress
-------------
 - Paul: we've completed this milestone; a couple small items slipped to
M0.4

M0.4 plan
---------
 - Paul: cleanup pass needed; need to move some items to M0.5 and tighten up
descriptions
 - Paul: the focus is on the June Demos (see below)

PAM IP issues
-------------
 - Tony: this project will probably read on Sun's patent (#5774551)
 - Tony: We need to ask what's Eclipse's posture is on this
 - Dale: We're currently shipping a PAM module, so this is relevant to us
 - Dale: We're in the process of trying to integrate PAM with Higgins
 - Dale: will run with this issue from Novell perspective
 - Dale: PAM has been

STS progress
------------
 - Mike: starting to get a lot of issues, where people can see where to find
out more about
 - Mike: Runtime stack: officially target Axis 2.0, however the WebTools
won't support Axis 2.0 for a year
 - Mike: Majority of code can be stack-agnostic, and a small amount of code
that is stack-specific
 - Mike: I've been getting feedback from Jan and the ALF guys; need to get
requirements and prioritize; so far all requirements are fairly common
 - Mike: when is there going to be a design, when is there going to be code,
and when will IBM be able to approve the code
 - Mike: waiting for a date when the code can be donated
 - Brian: ALF had offered to help; how can we help?
 - Mike: Until we have a release from legal, this is difficult
 - Mike: We need requirements well documented on the wiki ("STS
Requirements")
 - Mike: Until we get legal approval we can't share code; hopefully only a
few weeks away

Demo Plan for Catalyst/June 12
------------------------------
 - Tony: IBM has a hospitality suite at Catalyst (June 12). Trying to make a
pedestal within the IBM booth for Higgins. Whatever demo we can pull
together by June, we can demo there.
 - Tony: Are Paul/Mary interested in help? (esp if can get a pass to the
show?)
 - Mary: Yes if we can guess hospitality suite passes
 - Dale: We are also at the show, we'd like to coordinate about this

Demo Plan for Berkman/June 19
-----------------------------
 - Tony: [walked through a potential demo scenario idea for June 19th] will
be posted to higgins-dev
 - Tony: We want to demonstrate that pages designed for Vista/InfoCard can
be satisfied by a Higgins-based solution (Firefox, ISS, IdAS, STS, etc.)
 - Tony: At the same time Jan will be looking at what he can present
 - Tony: We need to make sure we have whatever HBX code and other code we
need
 - Paul: This is what we really want to do, but we're flat out on the
Berkman stuff
 - Dale: Give me a week to see what Novell can do to help

Chuck Mortimore
---------------
- Paul: We continue to talk with Chuck, he's exploring the idea of releasing
his code under EPL (in addition to the BSD)

IdAs API/CPI
 - Paul: Next step on IdAS is Hammering out the API and CPI, but this will
have to wait
 - Paul: The focus is on these June demos
 - Dale(Novell): In agreement

Wiki
----
 - Paul to add an STSRequirements page [done]
 - Paul to email password to wiki to Mike so he can populate STS page [done]

Back to the top