[higgins-dev] DI Aggregation

This topic sometimes comes up: One wants to present/be presented a DI which is an aggregate of different facets (perhaps held in different contexts) of an entity.

A popular stated solution to this is to build a context which can federate to multiple other contexts and perform the aggregation.

This same use case has come up in other areas in the past and some interesting problem arise from the solutions. Here are two:

1) Assume three facets being aggregated. Each has an attribute called eye color. The eye color attribute is said to be limited to a single value. Some solution must be arrived at to pick a single value for the aggregated DI.

2) (a bit harder) Assume I have two facets (doesn't matter if they're in different contexts or not). Each facet has a 'postal address' and a 'phone number'. One facet represents my work persona, the other represents my home persona. When aggregating, I end up with two values in my 'postal address' claim, and two values in my 'phone number' claim. In the current model, there is no clear association between the home address and home phone number in the aggregated DI. I suppose the 'claimant' part *could* be used to associate the two, but that's not it's intended use and seems clunky (if it would work at all).

Jim

Back to the top