[hibachi-dev] Hibachi Plans Questions

As I mentioned in a previous email to the group, my research group is
looking at using Hibachi as a base for our new project (a SPARK
development environment that uses our analysis tools).  Because of that,
we hoped we could get some questions answered to help us make our decision.

First, we like what we have seen so far but wonder what the
current/future plans look like.  For example, is the grammar currently
stable or are there plans to change it?  And are there any changes
planned for the model (or AST)?  I think our concern here is evaluating
how much effort it will require on our part to keep our extensions
current with the mainline changes (e.g., if there are changes planned it
will take more effort to stay current).

Second, we wondered about the plans for the compiler and tool chain.
Are there any plans for a full Ada compiler (instead of relying on the
external tool-chains)?  And does anyone know of a group working on
integrating a SPARK tool-chain or any SPARK features?  It would be great
to coordinate with others that are interested in SPARK.

Last, a technical question that came up during our meeting.  Based upon
our (brief) review of the code, there does not seem to be a symbol table
that is queried. Rather there are helper methods to resolve symbols in
the AdaModelManager (in the org.eclipse.hibachi.model package).  Is this
correct or are we missing something?  And if it is correct, is there
interest in implementing a symbol table?

Thanks in advance,
Todd Wallentine

Back to the top