To: <hibachi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 4:08 PM
Subject: [hibachi-dev] Compiling Hibachi

I just heard about the Hibachi project and was excited to try it out.
Unfortunately, when I got the source from CVS it failed to compile
cleanly. The exact message is "Project 'org.eclipse.hibachi.antlr' is
missing required source folder: 'antlr3-generated'".

As mentioned in a previous email to the list (4 Jan 2008 - "compiling
Hibachi") there is a dependency on the ANTLR v3 plugin created by Scott
Stanchfield (javadude.com).  Unfortunately, I couldn't install it:
http://www.javadude.com/tools/antlr3-eclipse/

So I am wondering what I can do to get Hibachi to compile and run. Are
there plans to use a different ANTLR tool or is there an alternative way
to get that plugin?  Or any other advice for a Hibachi noob?

Thanks in advance for the assistance,
Todd Wallentine
Research Associate
SAnToS Lab, K-State

ps
Just in case anyone wants to know, I am interested in this project
because I was recently tasked with writing a similar plugin for Eclipse.
My research group, the SAnToS Lab at K-State, is doing work with SPARK
and wants an Eclipse environment to edit SPARK applications.  We also
want to extend it to make use of our tools (static analysis is the main
one).

I found Hibachi and thought this would be a perfect platform to start
with so I wouldn't have to do the common tasks (syntax highlight, block
folding, etc.).  I could focus on extending Hibachi to work with our
tools and maybe extending the syntax highlighting to work on SPARK
annotations.