Re: [henshin-dev] Planning the next release + Java 15 issue

Dear Daniel,

thanks for working on a new release

Am 17.03.2021 um 10:25 schrieb Daniel StrĂ¼ber:

There is one crucial technical issue remaining: Our used JavaScript engine Nashorn has been removed with Java 15. As a consequence, the interpreter currently doesn't work on Java 15. There is an official successor for Nashorn called GraalVM, but despite first attempts I have not yet managed to find a solution to successfully integrate GraalVM into Henshin. There is also a standalone version of Nashorn available that might be useful here (but there might be downward compatibility issues when using it).

According to

https://github.com/szegedi/nashorn/wiki/Using-Nashorn-with-different-Java-versions

it should be possible to use the standalone nashorn version for Java 11 and upwards.

But i have no experience with it.

Cheers,

Matthias

--
Prof. Dr. Matthias Tichy
Institute of Software Engineering and Programming Languages

Tel.:  +49 731 50-24160
email: matthias.tichy@xxxxxxxxxx