[henshin-dev] Planning the next release + Java 15 issue

Hi everybody,

I soon plan to publish a new release, with two new main features:

If you have anything that you would like to add to the release, please let me know.

There is one crucial technical issue remaining: Our used _javascript_ engine Nashorn has been removed with Java 15. As a consequence, the interpreter currently doesn't work on Java 15.
There is an official successor for Nashorn called GraalVM, but despite first attempts I have not yet managed to find a solution to successfully integrate GraalVM into Henshin.
There is also a standalone version of Nashorn available that might be useful here (but there might be downward compatibility issues when using it).

If you have any experiences or ideas about this, please get in touch with me.

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Dr. Daniel Strüber