Re: [henshin-dev] Henshin Search Pattern Problem

hi,

I again have a little problem with the Henshin transformation engine.

I constructed a search pattern which leads the engine to a
NullPointerException. I could track down the error to its cause but I am
not really sure why this happens.

I attached a picture describing the Search pattern (Rule reconstruct)
which causes the error and I also attached a full example project
causing this error.

Any help is really appreciated and I would be happy to hear something
from anyone about this.

I just did some debugging.

The problem is related to the automatic generation of Path constraints when required nodes (=PACs) are used. This automatic generation of path constraints is a performance improvement. It seems that your rule has the specific case that there is an edge between a required node in the PAC of the multi rule and a preserve node in the kernel rule.

@Christian: In Path.java:104, mappings are searched for the source of the edge but there exists no mapping because it is a PAC. This seems to be a bug. is it?

As a workaround, i changed in your henshin-rule the required node to a normal preserve node and then your example was executed.

Greetings to Stuttgart,

Matthias

--
Prof. Dr. Matthias Tichy
Institute of Software Engineering and Compiler Construction

Tel.:  +49 731 50-24160
Fax:   +49 731 50-24162
email: matthias.tichy@xxxxxxxxxx