Re: [henshin-dev] Problem with unit execution : Error executing unit 'doTransfo'

Hi Sebastien,

there is no easy answer to this question. The use case that you describe is called an exogenous transformation and, yes, you can do this with Henshin (using a trace model). If a unit application fails, it usually means that a rule was not applicable. This can have multiple reasons. In the moment, it is not easily possible to find out why a rule was not applicable, because the interpreter cannot distinguish between an incorrectly designed (but syntactically correct) rule and the "correct" one.

Regarding your 2nd question: if you install the nightly build, you will get validation in the graphical editor.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,
Christian

I just tried to execute a transformation with Henshin and here is what I got :
Error executing unit 'doTransfo'

I would like to have some advices on how to debug this :
 - Is there a way to get more info on what failed
 - Can I validate my henshin_diagram ?
 - Are there common mistakes people do when they start using Henshin ?

Here is what I would like to do :
I got two Ecore models : left.ecore and right.ecore.
I got one model instance my.left, which I would like to transform to another model instance my.right.
I hope Henshin is the right tool.

Regards,
Sebastien