[henshin-dev] MappingList

Hi,

I have the following suggestion to get rid of the nasty HenshinMappingUtil class:

We define an interface MappingList in the model package which extends EList<Mapping> (we can also name it MappingEList if you prefer). In this interface, we define all the functions from the utility class that we need. Then we override every method in the model interfaces that return an EList<Mapping> such that they return a MappingList. Of course we also need a MappingListImpl.

I would not touch the Ecore model because I think it is important for the edit and editor plug-ins that it returns a list of Mappings, and not a MappingList.

Do you think this is ok? Can anybody do it? The HenshinMappingUtil class should be marked as deprecated then. We can then update step-wise all of our code (HenshinMappingItil will still work).

Cheers,
Christian

Back to the top