Re: [henshin-dev] Proposal to remove direct creation of edges

Hi Gregor,

On 12/13/2011 01:55 PM, Gregor Bonifer wrote:
Second, as far as my judgement goes, I am wondering if the current implementation of AmalagamationUnit conforms with any theoretical approach.

I sincerely hope so.

Regarding the implementation: At the moment the separation between interpreter and matching works fine, because of the static nature of a Rule. For Rule schemes this is not the case. Therefore the first question would be whether we want a SchemeMatchFinder(which would use the MatchFinder) that may be used independently of the interpreter like the current (static) Matchfinder. This would require the dynamic creation of new Matchfinders, which again would require exposure of VariableInfo to the SchemeMatchFinder. Do we want that?

I have no objections to that. Please keep in mind though that the match finding is very sensitive to buggy or inefficient implementations. Maybe it is a good idea to discuss the technical details with Enrico. He has worked a long time to get the interpreter as stable and efficient as it is now.

Cheers,
Christian

Back to the top