[henshin-dev] 2010-2011 model migration

Hi Christian,

Quoting Christian Krause <henshin.ck@xxxxxxxxx>:
@Enrico,Felix: could you give us an estimate how long it takes until the interpreter is adapted and when the migration code will be ready to be put into the trunk?

development of the migration code is ongoing and should be finished shortly. One small problem still needs to be solved with the transformation, for which I need to rewrite and reorganize some of my code. As Java is used for the transformation, reorganizing and updating transformations on the graph can lead to slight problems, which have taken a while to be solved. The migration should be semi-usable by the end of this week, i.e. working but untested. Then I will run the tests through the migration and see if they will still run. I haven't started on the code transforming the diagram editor's files yet, but will be in the next couple of days while working on a migration wizard.

One question about the migration: As NACs are resolved to the Formula nested in a Not, multiple successive layers of "Not" nesting could be removed automatically. This is implemented but currently turned off for debugging and testing purposes. Should this option be made available to the user or just turned on by default?

I think it would be good if we have the new features in the trunk as soon as possible so that we can spend some more time for testing.

Could we please prepare the "final" 2011 version of the model for testing purposes? I'd like to test the migration with the final model (i.e. not the combined 2010/2011 model we currently use) as soon as possible.

Felix

Back to the top