[henshin-dev] [in] and [out] Syntax for nodes

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the [in] and [out] notation for nodes in the graphical editor. The parameter names can be inspected and changed already in the rule title. As I understand, whether a parameter is in/out/both is merely determined by the ParameterMappings as given in the context of a unit or as arguments when applying the rule in the interpreter.

Stefan mentioned the case where the name of an object changes, e.g.: "myRule(x,y)" where an object "x" is matched and the same object is returned as "y". For this case, I thought, we could use the arrow notation "x->y" (similarly to attributes).

To make a long story short: I do not see the need for the [in] / [out] notation (?).

Cheers,
Christian

Back to the top