[gyrex-dev] Gyrex Maven build issue

Hi, All

I found some free time for gyrex and maven build issue.
There is some topics to discuss about build process.
But from the beginning we have some problems with tycho-surefire plugin then running tests

As Gunnar offered solution  to use @ClassRule annotation in test suite for
gyrex server boot before tests. This annotation comes with junit 4.10 version.
Issue is that in junit 4.8.2 version has depricated classe org.junit.rules.MethodRule.
In result junit 4.10 version this class removed and  replaced with  org.junit.rules.TestRule
Tycho surefire plugin use (build in fragment bundle) maven surefire plugin version 2.10, and it looks like this plugin refers to older junit version.
To move forward there is two ways:
 1 convince tycho team to add support for junit version 4.10.
 2 create  fragment bundle org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.junit410  to support  latest junit version.

Now i will work on fragment bundle to check is this solution woks.

P.S.
Gunnar I browsed in Gyrex BugTracker but did't find any issue for moving gyrex build to maven + tycho. Should I create new one?

Best Regards
Tomas

Back to the top