Re: [graphiti-dev] What are the future plans for the Graphiti project?

Petya,

Currently the Graphiti planning for the Kepler release is not yet finished. I published a first draft version on our project plan at http://www.eclipse.org/graphiti/projectPlans/ProjectPlanKepler.xml. Unfortunatly I just noticed that it does not appear from our project plan link, although the metadata link is updated. I will contact Eclipse to check that.

A short summary of the current planning state is that we would like to leave incubation with Eclipse Kepler and release a 1.0.0 version of Graphiti. But there are still some issues we need to tangle before: layouting while zooming in diagrams is one of the things, another that just appeared and might cause need to restructure some plugins is support for e4 RCPs. The latter might also tangle our dependencies to GEF which plans a GEF 4 release, that might bring in larger changes.

Before leaving incubation these things should be clarified and/or fixed. But currently we are not sure if we can handle all these things until June, so we still might have the need to provide a 0.10.0 incubation version. I hope we can clarify the pending issues over the coming weeks.

Just for my understanding: do you need a non-incubation version of Graphiti to become an official part of WTP? (I’m asking because we don’t have such a limitation in Modeling.) Do you have a fallback option, in case we cannot leave incubation?

Michael