Re: [golo-dev] WorkerEnvironment never exits

Hi Vincent,

Nice example that you have!

Can you please open an issue so that we track the fact that the program doesn't exit?

Thanks

- Julien

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 9:04 PM Vincent <vvanderleun@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm experimenting with the gololang.concurrent.workers.WorkerEnvironment class in Golo 3.2.0.

If I understand things correctly, I suppose the "SampleWithWorkers" example in the documentation (http://golo-lang.org/documentation/3.2.0/index.html#_a_complete_and_useless_example) is supposed to exit after it is finished?

env: shutdown() is called when finishPort: send("Die!") is called, the code after env: awaitTermination() is also executed, but the program never exits. I am testing on Windows 10.

Things do not change when I replace withFixedThreadPool() with withSingleThreadExecutor().

BTW I've started working on a project that detects and reads status of hardware audiostreamers and scrobbles tracks to Last.FM (or one of the alternative scrobbler services). It's the first Golo project that I've put on my GitHub: https://github.com/vvdleun/audiostreamerscrobbler . I'm rewriting older code parts into (hopefully) more Golo-ic code almost daily.

Kind regards,
Vincent