Re: [gmt-dev] evolving GMT in a fully open process that allows others to join the effort

> I do not think that this is the main usage scenario at all. The current
tool
> model works quite well for me for some 5 years now - with some minor
> modification now and then.

Scenario:
- I am not generating to an OO platform.
- I am not (only) using (stereotyped) UML as a language.
- I have a lot of model costraints to check.
- I have to merge several sub-models.

How can I do this in FUUT-je without adaptation?
(not bashing on FUUT-je, just trying to understand
what the tool let's me do without metamodel adaptation).

> What may be needed more often in a layered MDSD world that we intend to
have
> for GMT, is the use of FUUT-je as a tool-factory: You model your (meta)
> model in FUUT-je, generate and develop an application from it, and use the
> result as your domain-generative development tool. I used this to develop
an
> HTML/PHP menu system, and earlier to generate complicated
> lifecycle-state-on-many-levels code, EJB's from specific XML structures, a
> database layer from truly odd Rose diagrams, etc.

ok..... can't yet really picture how this works.
Maybe you could should me at next OOPSLA.

Would be a good point by the way:
Everybody shows the 5 coolest tool features / techniques
in a BOF. Will help us to understand each other's tool.

Markus

Markus Völter
mailto:voelter@xxxxxxx

voelter - ingenieurbüro für softwaretechnologie
Ziegelaecker 11, 89520 Heidenheim, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 73 21 / 97 33 44

http://www.voelter.de