[gmf-dev] two figures for one editpart

Hello all,

we have an EMF Model element "state" which is shown in our generated GMF editor as a "node"

Now we want to implement a collapse/expand feature for this editor. So we let the user select some nodes (stated), right-click on a button 'Collapse Selected Items' and we delete the selected figures.

After that we want to show a custom figure representing all deleted nodes. So this custom figure is just another view for our model element "state"

The user then should be able to click on that custom figure and right-click on 'Expand' and the deleted nodes should come back again. But we have not come so far because we even cannot assign this custom figure to our StateEditPart. It seem there must be exactly one Figure for one EditPart.

Is that true? How can we implement this "temporary custom figures" to represent the collapsed element on our editor?

Every help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Meryem

Back to the top