Re: [gmf-dev] Build I20060227-1730 posted

Hi Richard,

Currently:
Eclipse declares a new Integration build for the week we adopt the latest integration builds for Eclipse + EMF + GEF + EMFT (not 100% sure which day this is done, but I think it is Thursday).
Once we have a working / approved GMF integration build we move these targets back to the nightly builds and developers adopt as their new target.

I think we want to switch to the nightly build and developers running on a target for a week before using them for the GMF integration builds. This way we have a period of time to test and fix JUnit failures.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Manager - Software Developer,

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/27/2006 06:58 PM

Please respond to
"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<gmf-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[gmf-dev] Build I20060227-1730 posted

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/gmf/downloads/drops/I-I20060227-200602271730/index.php

Note the updated dependencies (Platform 3.2M5a, EMF/GEF/EMFT M5) and some test failures.

Are we OK to switch back to stable configurations for nightly builds, or should we stick with weekly updates to the latest I-build in our dev environments?

Also, a new Linux build machine is being configured in Prague and will be managed by Max Feldman, who returns to GMF after a period away.  This should eliminate our connection timeout errors and path limit problems.

Thanks,
gmf-dev mailing list
gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx