[gmf-dev] IP Policy information

Title: IP Policy information

Hi Team,

Just as a reminder, as we were reminded ourselves of this during last weeks Council meetings, the burden of the IP policy enforcement at Eclipse falls largely on the Committers.  So, I just want to cover a few points here so that we are all doing our best to make sure GMF stays clean regarding IP matters.

-       All projects are required to maintain a project log, described here: http://www.eclipse.org/org/processes/Guidelines_for_Eclipse_Development_Process/project-log.html I will maintain the log, but need everyone to read and understand it.

-       There are guidelines on copyright and license notice verbiage required for all source code files found here: http://www.eclipse.org/legal/copyrightandlicensenotice.html  (Note that the releng tool found here: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1-200506271435/download.php?dropFile=org.eclipse.releng.tools_3.1.0.zip  includes a Fix Copyrights…” utility that will insert the proper copyright statement (with IBM as copyright owner by default).

-       Note that currently, less than 100 LOC is considered a small contribution and does not require a contribution questionnaire.  However, we DO need to list it in the project log, so lets make sure we are referencing Bugzilla numbers on all commits which come in through Bugzilla contributions.  Also, be sure to obtain all the required information from the contributor: name, email, lines of code.

-       Finally, do not accept contributions via email, ftp, floppy disk, etc.  All contributions from external (non-Committer) sources must go through Bugzilla.  This and the former point will allow us to generate much of the log and track these easier.

Thanks everyone!

Best,

Richard C. Gronback

Borland Software Corporation