From: gemini-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [gemini-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Glyn Normington [gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 3:16 PM
To: Gemini and sub-projects developer discussions
Subject: Re: [gemini-dev] bean definition profiles support in gemini blueprint

Hi Alexander

Glyn
On 21 Jan 2013, at 13:53, Alexander Shutyaev wrote:

Hi all!

Is there any support for Bean Definition Profiles [1] in gemini blueprint project?

No.

If yes, how can I specify the active profiles to use when my META-INF/spring/*.xml files are parsed and deployed? If no, then maybe you can show me some entry point in the current source code, so I can implement this support and share it. Our app really needs this. :)

I'm afraid I don't have the Gemini Blueprint codebase in my head - I'm really only a caretaker project lead currently. But I would start with the ContextLoaderListener class as the entry point for the extender and go from there.

If you do implement support, please bear in mind that not all users will necessarily want to pre-req. Spring framework 3.1, so if you can make the change so that it also works with Spring framework 3.0.x, so much the better. We are currently aiming to release Gemini Blueprint 2.0 around March, so that might be a good vehicle to carry your changes.