Re: [gemini-dev] Maven artifact IDs

Hi Les,

With regards to blueprint and symbolic name, if I recall correctly,
there were some Eclipse guidelines that I followed. The sym name needs
to be unique so using the domain/package names makes sense.
The bundle name on the other hand doesn't - it just needs to be a
friendly, human readable identifier.
Sure it could have been eclipse-gemini-blueprint-core but that to me,
seems to long and redundant hence the shorter version.

In the end, there are no hard rules just naming conventions. Most of the
bundles in EBR do not have a sym name this long so using the convention
you mention works just fine.
There's nothing preventing you from doing the same - it's just a matter
of preference.

Hope this helps,

--
Costin