Re: [gef3d-dev] Rendering SWT as OpenGL Texture

 On 28.04.11 19:25, Miles Parker wrote:
BTW, I do SWT overlay all of the time for GEF3D and I don't use any of the GEF internals to support it. I just create a widget and move it to where I want it in the (SWT) container -- just requires a couple of translations from the widget location. Is this what you guys mean?
Exactly. And yes, you do not have to use any GEF internals. However, GEF uses this "trick" to implement direct edit. The "internals" used are the one for correctly locating the widget on top of the canvas. This is what is currently missing in GEF3D and this is why tool tips are not placed correctly. While performing the translations is not really complicated, I haven't spend any time on how to "inject" this new location calculation into existing 2D editors.

Because in this case, there isn't any way for GEF3D or GEF to overlay the widget, right?
Yes, the SWT widget overlays the GEF/GEF3D canvas, but as far as I know this technique is not used the other way round.

Cheers,

Jens

Back to the top