Re: [gef3d-dev] MouseEvent3D: what's the meaning of DUMMY

Hi Jens,

> in
>    org.eclipse.draw3d.MouseEvent3D.MouseEvent3D(MouseEvent, ISurface, ICamera),
> there's a field
>    DUMMY
> and a method
>    getEvent(Object)
> DUMMY is used indirectly in case no event is passed to getEvent(), however this cannot happen, can it?

I'm not too sure about that. It looks like it is used when an event of type java.util.EventObject is passed to getEvent. I think that EventObject is the superclass of all AWT and Swing events in java. Unfortunately I don't remember why I am using this as a failover, but I'm sure there has to be a reason for it. Either I took this from MouseEvent or I did it because the given event is not always an SWT Event, but can be an EventObject, too (maybe if someone is using the Swing / SWT bridge?).

I would be careful about removing this. Do you just want to tidy it up or is there another reason to remove it?

Regards
Kristian

Back to the top