Re: [gef-dev] GEF3 resurrection

Hallo Serge,

thanks for bringing this up. In fact, developers who „eagerly want to contribute and/or maintain“ GEF legacy have not stepped up in the past.

We therefore ensured that the GEF-legacy code base was migrated to Github before we put it out of active maintenance, so it can still be easily forked and maintained by all who actively rely on it (as done by you).

If you want to revive and actively maintain this code base under the roof of the Eclipse foundation again, I do not object.

But to be clear, as of today there is no dedicated GEF-legacy project, there are just two different code bases in two different repositories, both belonging to the GEF project.

Also, there is no „ownership“ of an Eclipse project. The people actively involved in GEF can be found at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.gef/who. The respective rights and responsibilities, and how to get involved in a project is defined in the eclipse dev process (eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/).

What would be your expectation regarding „GEF project ownership transfer“? Do you plan to actively contribute to the GEF project as a whole, or do you just feel obliged to GEF-legacy?

Best Regards,
Alexander