[gef-dev] Committer status update - Stephan Schwiebert, Ian Bull

Hi team,

as we have recently started a new and exciting year (in which the new GEF4 components will officially be released for the first time; even if the published API is yet provisional), I want to take the opportunity to also clean up our project meta-data. As a matter of fact, the list of active committers is to be validated as well. Currently, it lists two inactive committers: Ian and Stephan.

I tried to contact Stephan today, but it seems the e-mail address known to me is no longer valid. I had a personal chat with him last year, where he stated his intend to become an active part of GEF again. As such, I would be willing to get an update on his plans before imprudently removing him as a committer. Stephan, if you read this, please show some life sign.

I also had a couple of mails with Ian regarding his active committer state last year, in which he stated that he would be always willing to help out our project whenever a hand with non-technical aspects was needed, but that it would be his intention to retire his commit rights. I accept that decision (while, of course, your active participation would always be welcome, Ian) and will perform the necessary steps to remove him as an active committer. I think I am not able to list all the valuable things Ian has contributed to our project within the last years, but nominating him as „Mr. Zest“ probably is the best approximation I can give. We definitely have to be very much obliged, and as such, I would like to add Ian to the GEF „hall of fame“ by nominating him as a committer emeritus of the project.

Cheers
Alexander
--
Dr. Alexander Nyßen
Dipl.-Inform.

Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-202
Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 /  17396743

http://www.itemis.de
alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621

Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Michael Neuhaus, Jennifer Fiorentino

Back to the top