Re: [gef-dev] File-type assignment

Hi Ric,

For questions like this, you should use the Eclipse Newsgroups. These mailing lists are usually reserved for discussion about the development of a particular feature. To use the newsgroups you will need to get a username and password. See [1]. Now for your particular question, the best newsgroup is probably the eclipse.platform newsgroups. I imagine if you search the newsgroup you will find an answer to your question.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/

cheers,
ian

Ric Wright wrote:
Excuse this posting to this list, but couldn’t easily determine which list at eclipse would be best and I figured someone on this list might well know. I have developed a custom perspective and want to associate some additional filetypes with an existing editor (XMLEditor) in my own perspective in Eclipse. I want to do this programmatically, not via the preferences. I can see that I can do it if I create my own XMLEditor (e.g. Using the Plugin templates), but the editor is already there so that seems a waste. Anyone have any suggestions of a lightweight way to do this?

Thanks,
Ric Wright