Re: [gef-dev] Disposing the ImageCache

The Palette's use of a static image cache was borrowed from
ActionContributionItem in JFace.  JFace has since fixed this and uses a
global reference counting solution.  There should be a bug open to clean
this up but if you can't find one open another.

-Randy

             "Kevin
             Shallenberger"
             <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>                                          To
             Sent by:                  gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             gef-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [gef-dev] Disposing the ImageCache
             11/17/2006 09:45
             AM

             Please respond to
              GEF development
             <gef-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hello,

I'm using the PaletteEntry icons in an unorthodox way and wondering how I
can get a reference to the ImageCache in the edit part so I can prevent a
memory leak.  I use the small/large icon as a canvas and I'm continuously
setting the image descriptors of both.  The image descriptors are usually
different causing a new image to be cached each time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Shallenberger
21st Century Systems, Inc.