[gef-dev] Bug 139666

Hi,

I logged a bug in bugzilla (bug 139666) in 5/06 about
TreeViewerTransferDropListener.
In any case, since I hadn't seen anything done yet with respect to the
bug report, I recently added a patch file for a potential bug fix. It
can't be easily fixed in application code because GEF's TreeViewer's
drop target listener is not really accessible for subclassing or
replacing from the outside.

Basically, the problem is that TreeViewerTransferDropListener's
getCommand for the case when isMove is true, tries to get REQ_MOVE
commands individually from children. When multiple children are moved at
once, this makes it impossible to ensure the items aren't reordered when
dragged upward, since the target index changes as each item is placed in
the requested location.

My proposed solution is to make a single request at this level to
REQ_MOVE_CHILDREN to the parent as with the REQ_ADD (move to different
parent).

Could someone look at the patch and see if this could be adopted into
the next release?

Thanks in advance!

David Dubrow
david.dubrow@xxxxxxxxx