Re: [gef-dev] An in place editor (TextCellEditor) on an edit part

OK, now you've gone and made it personal with a compliment ;-).

In TemplateTransferDropTargetListener, handleDrop() executes the command
(calling super()), then selects the part.  You could extend
selectAddedObject() to send a DIRECT_EDIT request to the part.  You
probably need to ensure the viewer has OS focus.

This seems frequently requested.  Someone should open a feature request
that a "post-creation" request be sent to editparts after they are created
via normal "gestures". The request could indicate how the editpart was just
created, e.g. DND, size-on-drop, etc..

>From the GEF homepage you can view the newsgroup archives using web UI,
locate the news server, and hopefully apply for an ID/PWD.

-Randy

             "Siddharth
             Shankar"
             <siddharth.star@g                                          To
             mail.com>                 "GEF development"
             Sent by:                  <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             gef-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [gef-dev] An in place editor
             09/12/2006 12:06          (TextCellEditor) on an edit part
             AM

             Please respond to
              GEF development
             <gef-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hey,
Thanks for your reply. Can you please guide me about the mail id of the
newsgroup and would posting on that newsgroup require some special access
permissions.

Thanks,
Siddharth

PS: If I am not wrong I have seen a lot of your code while working on GEF
and they are really great so you have a admirer here:-)

Regarding this problem I was able to find a stub for it...handleDrop method
of my drop listener but somehow I didnt find it elegant. Anyways waiting to
post it on the newsgroup to get technically correct answers.

On 9/11/06, Randy Hudson <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Please use the newsgroup for these types of questions
  -Randy Hudson

               "Siddharth
               Shankar"
               <siddharth.star@g
               mail.com>                 gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
               Sent by:
  cc
               gef-dev-bounces@e
               clipse.org
  Subject
                                         [gef-dev] An in place editor
                                         (TextCellEditor) on an edit part
               09/11/2006 07:21
               AM

               Please respond to
                GEF development
               <gef-dev@eclipse.
                     org>

  Hi,

  Recently I ran into a problem and was hoping if any of you could help me
  out with it.

  What I wish to achieve:
  1) Dragging and dropping a tool(CombinedTemplateCreationEntry) from the
  palette instantiates the model class which leads to the normal GEF flow
  wherein an EditPart as well as a  Shape corresponding to the model is
  created.
  Now for this particular EditPart I want an in place editor (something on
  the lines of TextCellEditor) so I have installed DirectEditPolicy and
  also
  created a sublcass of DirectEditManager which i initialize in the
  performRequest method of this EditPart.

  So now whenever I click on the Label inside the Shape corresponding to
  this
  Edit Part I get a inplace editor. The show() method of the my subclssed
  DirectEditManager takes care of it.

  Now what I also want to do is activate this editor for my edit part as
  soon
  as it is drag and dropped and not just on performRequest(). So the in
  place
  editor of this edit part is actiavted whenever the user drags and drops
  it
  and whenever the user clicks on the label in the shape (view)
  corresponding
  to this edit part. For all other scenarios the in place editor shouldn't
  be
  visible or active. While I have been able to take care of activating the
  editor whenever the label within it is clicked (making use of the
  performRequest() method of Edit Part) I have not been able to
  successfully
  do it as soon as it is dragged and dropped.

  Can any of you help me with it.
  Any and every help is highly appreciated. Thanks alot for your patience
  in
  reading a relatively long mail and am hopeful of a reply...

  Thanks and Regards,
  Siddharth