Re: [gef-dev] Problem with the releng package

Stephan,

We do use the org.eclipse.gef.releng package, but we do not use the org.eclipse.gef.source and org.eclipse.gef.source-feature projects (and org.eclipse.gef.examples-feature too, for that matter).  Instead, the source feature and plug-in are generated at build-time as specified in org.eclipse.gef-feature/org.eclipse.gef/sourceTemplateFeature and sourceTemplatePlugin respectively.

Pratik Shah
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
http://www.eclipse.org/gef
Ph: (919) 254-5043
Fx: (919) 254-8169

Stephan Michels <stephan.michels@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/12/2005 08:58 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[gef-dev] Problem with the releng package

Hi!

I try currently to package the gef plugins for the Linux Distribution
Debian, but run
into problems with your releng package respectively your map file.

Your binary download file for the SDK contains a
org.eclipse.gef.sdk.source feature,
which your map file from your R31_Maintenance doesn't doesn't contain.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.gef.releng/maps/gef.map?rev=1.206.2.2&cvsroot=Tools_Project&_only_with_tag_=R31_Maintenance&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Moreover the feature descriptor doesn't use the correct version
instead it uses 3.0.0.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.gef.source-feature/feature.xml?rev=1.9&cvsroot=Tools_Project&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

And I can't omit the feature because the feature org.eclipse.gef.sdk
depend on it

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.gef-feature/org.eclipse.gef.sdk/feature.xml?rev=1.8&cvsroot=Tools_Project&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I come to the impression that you doesn't actually use the releng
package, or am I wrong? How do you generate your releases?

Stephan Michels.