Re: [gef-dev] HELP: custom edit policies

It is possible to treat connections as containers and add children to them.
Please ask this type of question on the newsgroup and provide more details about what you are adding to the connections.

-Randy

"Chatterjee, Prashanto" <Prashanto.Chatterjee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/30/2005 01:18 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

<gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[gef-dev] HELP: custom edit policies

Hi All,
I am absolutely new to GEF. I am not very comfortable with edit policies and haven’t found any concrete stuff to read on that. I was trying to implement a feature of dropping an item from the palette onto a connection. Alternately, I achieved this through an extra menu item in the context-menu; wherein I defined a new action and implemented the functionality in the run() method by creating commands and executing them on the command stack. Is this the correct way of doing this?? I was wondering whether I can define any edit policy for such functionality.

Regards,
Prashanto Chatterjee
Software AG (India) Pvt. Ltd.
The XML Company
18, Viman Nagar
Pune - 411014
Maharashtra
India

Mobile     : +91- 98500 99830
Board      : +91 - 20 – 266 31 333
Fax
       : +91 - 20 – 266 34 059
Extension
 : 214

Direct     : 971-187 (Toll Free within Software AG's Alcatel System)