[gef-dev] HELP: custom edit policies

Hi All,

I am absolutely new to GEF. I am not very comfortable with edit policies and haven’t found any concrete stuff to read on that. I was trying to implement a feature of dropping an item from the palette onto a connection. Alternately, I achieved this through an extra menu item in the context-menu; wherein I defined a new action and implemented the functionality in the run() method by creating commands and executing them on the command stack. Is this the correct way of doing this?? I was wondering whether I can define any edit policy for such functionality.

Regards,

Prashanto Chatterjee

Software AG (India) Pvt. Ltd.

The XML Company

18, Viman Nagar
Pune - 411014
Maharashtra
India

Mobile     : +91- 98500 99830

Board      : +91 - 20 – 266 31 333
Fax        : +91 - 20 – 266 34 059
Extension  : 214

Direct     : 971-187 (Toll Free within Software AG's Alcatel System)

Back to the top