Re: [gef-dev] Weird Error...

You need to look at the stack trace in the log file to find the cause of the problem.

Take this discussion to the newsgroup.  Do not use the mailing list for such questions.

Pratik Shah
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
http://www.eclipse.org/gef
Ph: (919) 254-5043
Fx: (919) 254-8169

Adam Balgach <asb7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/07/2005 02:29 PM

Please respond to
GEF development

gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[gef-dev] Weird Error...

Greetings All,

I am having a very weird error and perhaps someone here can help me work through
it.  I am trying to implement my own editor which extends
GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette .  In my constructor method i have

public myEditor() {
                System.out.println("myEditor: myEditor(): Trying to DefaultEditDomain");
                DefaultEditDomain df = new DefaultEditDomain(this);
                System.out.println("Default Domain: "+this);

                setEditDomain(df);
}

when it tries to run the setEditDomain(df); it continually flags this error:

Unhandled event loop exception
Reason:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

and i dont know how to get around this.  anyone know?

Cheers,
Adam.