[gef-dev] Re: Simple(r) Example - Looking for community contribution

Hi everybody.

I was glad to see all the positive response we received from the community.  We'll try to get the community involved a bit more in the future, if the enthusiasm remains just as strong.  Five volunteers offered to help in some form or the other, and we've decided to let Elias Volanakis work on this example.  Thanks to all those who responded.

We should have a basic example soon!

Pratik Shah
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
http://www.eclipse.org/gef
Ph: (919) 254-5043
Fx: (919) 254-8169

----- Forwarded by Pratik Shah/Durham/IBM on 08/04/2004 04:44 PM -----
Pratik Shah/Durham/IBM

08/03/2004 11:45 AM

gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Simple(r) Example - Looking for community contribution

Hello everybody.

I had sent out an email a while back listing the features that would be desirable in a simple example of a GEF-based editor.  This is the final list of requirements that we have come up with for this simple drawing editor.

- Two basic shapes (ellipse and rectangle) will be supported (no nesting of shapes)
- Two types of connections (dashed and solid lines)
- Ability to move/resize shapes
- Outline Tree (no overview)
- Properties View support

The basic features you'd expect in an editor of this type (undo/redo,
deletion, flyout palette, etc.) will all be supported.  This example will

be well-documented.

We are looking for a volunteer from the community who'd be interested in implementing this example.  Please contact me if you are interested.

Pratik Shah
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
http://www.eclipse.org/gef
Ph: (919) 254-5043